Ford Transit Connect
Introducing the All-New Transit Connect, International Van of the Year 2014.
Available from €15,500 GRP.
Acclaimed by Padraic Deane of Autotrade.ie as “the best van I have ever driven” the All New Transit Connect delivers car like driving dynamics with the durability one comes to expect from Irelands No.1 commercial vehicle brand.
Tough, practical and reliable, the van provides generous loadspace: 3.0cu.m in the L1 (Short wheelbase version) and 3.7cu.m in the L2 (Long wheelbase version), with up to around 1,000kgs of cargo.
An ingenious loadthrough bulkhead also enables you to stow pipes, ladders and other loads up to 3.0m long in the L1 and 3.4m long in the L2, safely inside your van.
A choice of diesel engines, combined with five or six-speed manual transmissions, deliver high levels of power and torque as well as best-in-class fuel efficiency: from just 4.0L/100km with as little as 105g/km CO2.
Advanced technologies can keep you connected, entertained, safe and secure, such as Active City Stop, which senses if a low speed collision is imminent and applies the brakes automatically.
With a Flexible Dual Front Passenger Seat enabling you to carry up to three people in the Van model.
Load Carrying Ability
- Load box has been designed to deliver best-in-class overall load-carrying ability, with choice of two wheelbases (L1, L2), smart loadspace features and payload capability of up to 1,000kg (matching best in class)
- High load volumes of 2.9m3 (L1) and 3.6m3 (L2) measured with full steel bulkhead (SAE) – both L1 and L2 versions can carry 2 Europallets in the load area
- Full steel bulkhead has innovative load-through hatch which allows longer items of 3.0m (L1) and 3.4m (L2) to be carried safely in the vehicle – note fold/dive passenger seat and IP design to enable longest possible loads
- Larger L2 model adds further capabilities which are unique in class:
- Bulkhead design allows standard 8ft x 4ft (2.4m x 1.2m) boards to be carried securely within the load compartment
- Side door width is the largest in the class, enabling a Europallet to be loaded into the cargo area via the side door with the full bulkhead in place
- Flexible dual passenger seat provides added capabilities:
- Outer seat folds up cinema style to allow large items to be carried on the cab floor
- Enables two passengers to travel with the driver (new to Connect)
- Additional loadspace features include:
- Ultra-bright LED load space lighting (optional)
Standard bodyside fixing points at waist and shoulder height in the load compartment, allowing additional tie-down loops, racking or framework to be fitted more easily
Best in Class Fuel Economy/Cost of Ownership
- Fuel costs significantly reduced compared to the previous model – fuel consumption cut by up to 34 percent (105g/km vs 159g/km), with latest 1.6 Duratorq TDCi powertrains
- Ultra-efficient ECOnetic model achieves segment-leading 4.0 lit/100km (70.6mpg) and 105g/km CO2 emissions (with 100kph speed limiter fitted) – resulting in fuel bills as much as €1,750 lower than class rivals over a typical four-year/130,000km ownership period
- Exceptionally low fuel bills supported by further improvements in routine servicing and maintenance costs, ensuring significant savings in overall cost of ownership
- 1.6 Duratorq powertrain offers 30,000km service intervals
Ford Easy Fuel to prevent inadvertent misfuelling.
Some features referenced above may be optional extras at additional cost.