Ford Transit Custom
Introducing Irelands best-selling ‘1-ton’ van; the new Transit Custom
This vehicle sets the benchmark for efficiency and loadspace, improves your productivity and will make a striking impression on your customers
- all for just €22,450. So it fully merits the prestigious double award of International Van of the Year 2013 and Irish Van of the Year 2013.
Boasting best-in-class fuel economy Transit Custom saves you money at the pumps. Its comfortable, durable interior will make your working day easier – especially the cab, which functions as a mobile office. Loadspace is exceptional too, with the option of either an ‘H1’ standard roof or ‘H2’ high-roof version in both L1 and L2 body length variants. And whether you choose the Van, Double Cab-in-Van or Kombi you can draw upon many advanced technologies, including the Ford SYNC voice control and MP3/iPod and phone connectivity system.
Ford has set the benchmark in terms of Commercial Vehicle safety. Transit Custom is the first and only van in its segment to have achieved a maximum 5-star safety rating by Euro NCAP. Two of its innovative technologies, Lane Keeping Alert and Ford SYNC® with Emergency Assistance, also received Euro NCAP Advanced rewards for technology: the first for any commercial vehicle in history.
Class-leading load carrying ability
Beneath its stylish exterior, the new model remains completely true to its Transit heritage by offering class-leading load carrying ability, including a number of innovative new loadspace features.
In addition to offering maximum load volume which exceeds that of its closest competitors (6.0 cubic metres SAE with full bulkhead fitted), the load area of the Transit Custom has been carefully optimised to offer more space and more convenience than any of its rivals. Key features and innovations include:
- Optimised bulkhead and loadspace design enables SWB model to carry three Euro pallets loaded to at least one metre high
- Load-through hatch in bulkhead enables loads up to three metres in length, such as pipes or ladders, to be safely carried inside the vehicle
- Class-leading width between wheelarches allows wide loads, such as 8 feet x 4 feet (2440mm x 1220mm) boards to be easily accommodated flat on the floor (or stored vertically if required)
- Class-leading height and width of sliding side load doors for ease of loading
- Deployable integrated roof rack system seamlessly integrated into the roof, and can be deployed when required. When not in use, the cross bars can be quickly folded down, reducing drag and fuel consumption, as well as keeping the vehicle height under two metres (optional)
- Repositioned tie-down hooks and fixing points located on the body sides, leaving the floor clear for easier loading and cleaning
- Easy clean load floor liner offers enhanced durability and simple cleaning (option on Base)
To provide customers with a wide range of payload options from 600-1,400kg, Transit Custom is available with multiple GVM options.
Unmatched driver appeal
The Transit Custom brings a new level of car-like driver appeal to its segment with an all-new interior, advanced technologies and outstanding driving dynamics.
The modern, driver-focused cockpit features a sculpted instrument panel which combines stylish looks with smart stowage solutions for bottles, phones and papers. Driver comfort is significantly enhanced through a highly adjustable driving position which features increased seat travel – including 30mm more rear travel for taller drivers – and the addition of a steering column adjustable for reach and rake.
Once behind the wheel, the driver can call upon a wide range of available driver assistance technologies also featured on Ford’s latest passenger cars, including:
- SYNC voice-activated, in-car connectivity system – enables mobile phones and music players to be connected to the vehicle, and operated by voice control (option on Base)
- Emergency Assistance – enabled by SYNC, this award-winning new feature is designed to assist occupants to contact the Emergency Services in the event of an accident, providing vehicle location information (option on Base)
- Rear-view camera – display integrated into the rear view mirror (option)
- Lane Keeping Alert and Driver Alert – latest driver assistance features alert the driver if the system detects the vehicle is inadvertently drifting out of the lane, or the driver is becoming tired behind the wheel (option)
The strong driver appeal of the Transit Custom is reinforced by dynamics and performance which have been carefully tuned to reflect the same natural and easy-to-drive character which customers appreciate on Ford’s car range.
Traditional Transit low cost-of-ownership and durability
Like all Ford commercial vehicles which share the Transit badge, the all-new Transit Custom has been developed to offer exceptional cost-of-ownership and durability.
Low running costs start with the class-leading fuel economy, delivered by an improved version of Ford’s 2.2-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel engine. Available in 100PS, 125PS and 155PS power ratings, this torquey and responsive power unit now features optional Auto-Start-Stop, delivering combined fuel consumption of 6.6l100km (42.8mpg) and 174g/km CO2 emissions..
Minimising overall cost-of-ownership was a high priority throughout the vehicle design and development, with key features including minimised maintenance and repair times, a 12-year anti-perforation warranty, and the longest service intervals in the class at two-years /50,000 km/30,000 miles.
To ensure the legendary Transit toughness, the all-new Transit Custom has been subjected to Ford’s ultra-stringent Commercial Vehicle testing and durability standards.
Even before the vehicle went on sale, it had been driven the equivalent of five million km (three million miles), including at least 400,000km (250,000 miles) with Transit customers. Key components and systems are tested to the limit: for example, doors go through an intensive regime of 250,000 slam cycles, which is three times more punishing than Ford’s equivalent passenger car test.
Some features referenced above may be optional extras at additional cost.